Straight to Heaven by Kilian


Rum, Dried Fruit, Nutmeg, Hedione, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Ambergris, Vanilla, White Musk.

There's no protracted way of describing Straight to Heaven. It's an interesting name to say the least and in no wise does it remind me of striving upwards, onward or any direction for that matter. Rather than using the word "heavenly", I find it more accurate to say it's "down to earth ".

I will go as far to say that the drydown is "Terrastic" and downright lovely in a masculine way for hours. It's one of the more superior, woody outros you'll run across.

Straight to Heaven by Kilian doesn't transpire as a very boozy or spicy fragrance on my skin. I opted to pour the remaining amount of the sample out and onto my skin in order to see if it evolved differently. The only differences I find wearing it in this fashion is in the opening. Straight to Heaven is a bit more muted, but denser. I actually prefer it unfolding this way.

There's a light booze aspect in the opening accord and because it's not overt, I find it implemented rather well. The fruit and spice are impressions and these too are behaved for the sake of the whole. This perception approach also encompasses the jasmin in that it renders a necessary sweet quality.

Never do I perceive a true floral or genuine fruit note. Straight to Heaven alludes to these and ( on me ) they are simply a prelude to the onset of earth tones and wood. This is where this fragrance butters its bread.

For most of its life and especially its prime, Straight to Heaven is an extremely good woody with an ethereal musk woven into it. The patchouli perpetuates not only the wood quality, but adds the earthiness I find fascinating. This is the stage I love and while it's rather exceptional, the price point is back breaking.

If money were no object, than it's safe to say I'd have a bottle of this in my wardrobe. However, since I'm a working stiff and am compelled to spend my money as intelligently as possible, I'd be remiss to purchase Straight to Heaven. I get about the same amount of enjoyment from a handful of under the radar designer woodies at a fraction of the cost.

Sillage is good and longevity is everything you'd expect from a fragrance this costly. Straight to Heaven deserves a thumbs up since it smells great, but a sample wear is highly recommended due to it's masculine leanings and expense.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited