Patchouli Empire CB I Hate Perfume

Got Patchouli? I'll ask again.....got patchouli? I find CB I Hate Perfume's rendition to be a misnomer. This is a Wood Empire and certainly not one made of patchouli.

5 different patch scents are said to be in this fragrance in order to cover the range of patchouli personality. The initial blast of Empire is citrus with pepper and wood. Even 30 minutes into the scent, this smells exactly like the inside of an acoustic guitar that has a spruce top and mahagony sides. There's also cedar as well.

Maybe they got confused and it's supposed to be 5 different woods backed by a subtle accord of patchouli? This is actually a very good woody and I give it a big thumbs up for that since I love wood and the smell of guitars. But a patchouli dominant offering? Not on your life.

Comments

  1. I actually smelled the patch in this, but maybe that's because I dumped a good quarter of it (the small "more concentrated" version) on me accidentally on the first try! (hmm... can't recall what I wrote about it but think it had something to do with hippies. I'll see if I can find that and comment further! The "wateriness" of the water perfumes probably doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited