Alain Delon Classic

Basil, Bergamot, Wormwood, Juniper, Lavender
Cinnamon, Carnation, Aldehyde, Geranium
Amber, Benzoin, Cedar, Honey, Moss and Tonka bean

The first thing noticeable upon applying Delon Classic is that it genuinely is classic. There's no mistaking this woody fougere for anything else. Some of the younger set will likely call this dated and that it smells like "dad". In spite of there being some truth to that statement, your dad should be so lucky as to smell this good.

Celebrity scents are releases I usually ignore because I have found them to be mundane overall.  Alain Delon is an exception and has put his name to more than a few excellent creations. The ones I own are quality fragrances that possess good throw and longevity.

Classic opens with a short lived citrus and hints of spice. An extremely clear accord of Juniper, Lavender, Carnation and Aldehyde immediately follow. This accord is the fragrance's signature. The lavender only asserts its qualities once the base and drydown arrive with a slight soapiness, but until then is content to liven up the heart.

The woody-floral theme continues into the base and is helped along by a soft rendition of resiny amber and additional wood notes. I have been wearing Classic in my rotation now for years and I have never noticed the oriental direction suggested in the accords. I have no complaints that these are M.I.A. on my skin and their absence seems to keep Classic on the fougere path.

I give kudos to this scent as it easily could have been constructed in an unremarkable fashion like most celebrity fragrances. Yes, it smells like the late 70's and early 80's, but since when it that a crime?

Thumbs up for Alain Delon's Classic. It's exactly what its name suggests.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited