Calvin by Calvin Klein

Here's a 1981 woody that's has been "under the radar" to me for quite some time. I'm amazed that this scent has escaped my attention, but because of my arrogant view of this house in general, I never gave Calvin a moments thought.

I have shortchanged myself by never sampling this fragrance. I am sitting here smelling this and kicking myself in the proverbial ass. Why? Because Calvin is a winner. I should have been "cued" by the date alone that this may have potential.

What's different is the slight changes of accord arrangement in Calvin. It opens with a floral citrus and a spicy floral heart with fruit. Both accords hit me at once and are righteously blended, yet there's enough air between them to differentiate personalities. The 1980's style base is lifting itself up after only minutes and allows the top two accords to dance above it. The patchouli and vetiver are fitted together nicely with a wink from musk and sandal. The drydown is on the ordinary side with the vetiver coming to the fore, but all things considered, this is a very good masculine and bottle worthy.

 This is Calvin.......and it is good to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited