Dolce Patchouli by i Profumi di Firenze

This particular fragrance from i Profumi di Firenze is most difficult to obtain any information on. I even used an image of Dolce Amaro instead of taking a digital picture of the actual bottle. I can only assume it is no longer available and that is a shame.

This is a very strange rendition of patchouli. It is eclectic and very Italian. This is an EDP version and it has very good sillage and longevity, yet the patchouli note is literally swallowed up by what has to be anise. This is an outstanding anise however and it reminds me of the Anisette and Zambuca my Italian family would always have on hand during get togethers. That is how strong the licorice note is in Dolce Patchouli. It literally smells like an alcoholic beverage.

Dolce does border on sweet and is very linear on me. It is exactly the same from initial opening to drydown with no transitions and no abatement from the anise. I actually love this smell and it has to be the best anise dominant fragrance I have come across. My thanks to a very generous basenoter who, upon learning of my patchouli search months ago, sent me a partial bottle of this impossible to find scent. If this is still available, I cannot find it.....and I have looked. Very different and very good offering from i Profumi di Firenze.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited