Floris Eau de Santal

The opening to Eau de Santal is very good. A smooth but spicy bergamot and a hint of musk reaching upwards already from the base. I am sensitive to musk, so I always smell it immediately. There is Cardamon and Green grass listed, but they seem to escape me.

The spicy heart and base accords are laid back to a fault. I have to search for them and by the time they arrive, the accords are now no more than a skin scent. Collectively, Eau de Santal is a very subtle, musky wood fragrance that is fresh, but the sillage is severely lacking.

The listed base notes of amber, cedarwood, frankincense, musk, sandalwood, vanilla and vetiver have been implemented with such a low volume, I can't hear them, feel them, taste them, let alone smell them. By drydown, what I am left with is a very close to the skin woody musk. Floris should have named this Eau de Houdini since it disappears in the blink of an eye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited