Photo by Lagerfeld

This 1990 fougere from Lagerfeld has quite a few powerscent fans. I could never get the love from Photo in spite of many wearings and remain neutral due to its synthetic qualities on my skin. It is smooth, but chemical smelling and that's where Photo loses me.

The aldehydes with green and lavender isn't a mainstream opening, but it's different enough to be good. It has a thick feel to it and the marine aura from the heart is readily apparent. The thyme and laurel in conjunction with cyclamen seem to dominate the mids and at least with my bottle, I don't get much honey or rose. I would have much preferred a dark honey aura than marine, but that's me.

The base accord is a mossy wood and a sucker shot of tonka. Once again, I wish there was more tonka than the wispy and fleeting note implemented in Photo. Regardless of all this, Photo is a well made masculine that simply isn't for this wearer. It does have good sillage and exceptional longevity. It also is most assuredly worth a sample wear. You may find qualities in it that I cannot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited