Santal Blanc by Serge Lutens

This Lutens seems to be rather polarizing due to the listed fenugreek. I have not come across this note ( that I can recall)  before Santal Blanc and it seems others find it off-putting. I found myself unaffected by the opening and while not loving the top accord, I still found it likable.

The sandalwood is slightly medicinal, but very good. I detect a spice as well yet I cannot discern if it's a combination of cinnamon and pepper that's augmenting the sandal. To me, cedar is a wallflower here, yet others seem to think it's a more dominant player than the sandalwood. This is either blended superbly so as to baffle me in plucking individual notes..or...the listed notes are erroneous. More than likely, it is the former.

I am content that the orris is almost completely passive here. A significant violet would have ruined this for me, but instead a woody floral base accord infused with a near perfect amount of musk takes Santal Blanc into the drydown. I am happy that this fragrance is very wearable. One of Lutens more conventional and mainstream offerings and good to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited