Angel Schlesser Essential for Men

The word that comes to mind after sampling Essential for Men is INNOCUOUS. Not good, not bad...completely unoffensive with the ever-present commonality that is seemingly pandemic in today's releases.

Essential opens with a synthetic citrus-fruit accord that adds a glimpse of violet after a few minutes. There's listed cinnamon and coffee, however I get neither, but I do get a wispy spice note. It's simply not cinnamon as I know it. I don't know if an obvious coffee note would have lent an assist to Essential since it is ( overall) a banal scent. What may or may not be passing itself off for coffee is the violet and fruit duo.

Cedar, which seemingly is the most overused note in modern masculine history is present and accounted for. It's more or less background noise in this Schlesser release and becomes a bit more apparent in the drydown. Essential is one more in an extremely long line of forgettable releases. I think I'll pass on this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited