Geir Ness

This scent is somewhat of a paradox to me. Can it be good and I not like it? Yes, I believe this is the case with Geir Ness.

The first things that came to my mind after applying Geir was that it reminded me of Creed and Cool Water. No, they are not the same. They share similarities in that it possesses that soft, generic and almost banal accord-balance and note implementation. This isn't quite as crisp as Creed nor is it as chemical as Cool Water.

Banality bothers me more than I like to admit I guess. In and of itself, it's not a crime nor does it constitute an inferior fragrance. Actually, it's development and use of ingredients is modern and that's why I am left unimpressed. It's not that Geir isn't good....it's simply unremarkable. It's a sign of the fragrance times.

There's citrus with subtle spices, a muted green floral accord and the current rendition of woods. The sillage is low to medium with pretty good longevity......and it bores me to near tears. It's only fair to say that there's always a place in the wardrobe for an unassuming and inoffensive scent. The only problem I have with this logic is that I try and make a statement with scent....and have better ones to fill the role of a non-polarizing fragrance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited