Monsieur Leonard

This 1992 aromatic fougere from Leonard is a throat clearer for me. I make no hesitation in saying I do not like the execution of sage, coriander and lavender in the top accord. There is simply too much sage for my tastes and the addition of basil isn't helping this for me whatsoever. I normally like sage and basil, but not in Monsieur Leonard.

It may be I simply don't care for this house. Leonard Pour Homme does not work for me either, but I have to call them as I smell them. The heart accord in Monsieur Leonard is seemingly lost at sea under the pounding of the topnote waves. I cannot discern the floral heart at all, but it may be due to olfactory fatigue from the opening.

The base is basically an amber-chypiental with amber, vanilla, tonka, cedar, patchouli, moss and musk, yet with all these heavy hitters you would think this accord would lasso the top, subdue it and turn this fragrance in another direction. Not on your life. The basenotes are a tad more perceptible than the missing heart, but not by much. In my opinion, the use of herb in Monsieur Leonard is one of the most unpleasant experiences I can recall. An absolute try-before-you-buy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited