Narciso Rodriguez for Him Musc Collection Eau de Parfum

Musk, Iris, Pink Berries.

Every time I wear this particular scent, I'm almost certain I smell a soft jasmine-rose accented with violet from the onset. When I first wore it a few years ago, I perceived it a bit differently than I do at the present and I remember not liking it near as much as I do these days. This is a substantial fragrance that leans on the heavy side, yet doesn't enter the room before you do. It's dark, partially sweet and rather intriguing. The feel of Narciso Rodriguez for Him is that it's more suitable for cooler temperatures.


Of course, that's not to say you couldn't wear it whenever and wherever you wanted to. I personally think it performs best in cold weather, but that's one mans opinion. It's also noteworthy to mention that, for an EDP, it wears much lighter than a conventional Eau de Parfum once the opening has dissipated. It is denser than your average EDT, but doesn't project or last longer than one.

The listed Pink Berries comes off more as a floral component on my skin than a fruit note or accord. It is this that bewitches my nose into thinking I'm smelling jasmine-rose or perhaps it really is those 2 masquerading as such. In the end, it doesn't matter at all. The only important thing is if the totality smells acceptable. To me, it does and 3 years after first trying this fragrance, I find I like it more each time I choose to put it on.


As uncomplicated as Narciso Rodriguez is, the only changes I notice is that the presence dies down some as the wearings ensue ( naturally ) and the violet quality merges more coherently with the "berry" and musk accord. It becomes smoother without losing its character.

I cannot say that I ever noticed this release physically gracing the shelves. I also can't say I've seen it much as I peruse the internet looking for deals. Its low key persona is somewhat of a mystery since this is a rather enjoyable fragrance that doesn't cost a ransom when you do find it on the bay.

This is sensual, but not overtly so. Sillage is good in the opening, then subsides noticeably after 10 minutes and morphs into a personal space scent. Longevity is approximately 5 hours on me. Thumbs up from Aromi for the Musc Collection EDP rendition for him by Narciso Rodriguez. As always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited