Tommy Bahama for Men ( Revisited )

Bergamot, Pepper, Ginger, Coriander, Patchouli, Amber, Musk.

I have recently become reacquainted with Tommy Bahama for Men. It's been on the market for 7 years now and I've noticed it being sold very cheaply and ( with some sellers )  rather vigorously as of late. It seems to be a maligned fragrance and that's too bad.

I reviewed this masculine a few years ago and liked it. I've concluded that I like it even more now, although I don't consider it terrific or groundbreaking by any stretch. It quietly smells very nice, extremely woody and practices good manners to boot. When I first came across it, I wrongly assumed it was aquatic due to the packaging. Tommy Bahama is a woody accented with spice and earth tones.




I imagined water, the sun, citrus and I guess you can say an "unremarkable" fragrance. I got something else entirely. I won't cross the line and say that Tommy Bahama is very substantial, but it does possess enough body to be taken seriously. The transitions are minimal at best, but it showcases ( oddly enough ) cedar; a note not even listed in the accords.

The "wood" implemented here is beyond what certain renditions of Coriander can provide, but it's prominent nonetheless and smells rather pleasant. To me, it is Cedar that's jazzed up a notch by pepper and ginger. The opening is semi-aromatic with citrus, wood and spices and remains that way through the heart accord.

By the time the base commences, Tommy Bahama has settled into a calmer woody. The diffusive quality has dissipated and what remains is a peppery wood, subtle earth and just a dash of sweet compliments of amber and musk.

Having worn Tommy Bahama countless times over the years, I still cannot "get" the association of what I smell and the imagery on the box and bottle. That doesn't take away from the totality of this fragrance, but I do find it a bit confusing.

Sillage is moderate ( at best ) and longevity is approximately 5 hours on my skin. This wears somewhat close, but has deceiving hang time. Thumbs up ( again ) from Aromi for this extremely economical woody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited