The Vert by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

I'm not sure what to make of DSH parfums exactly. The site and its information give me the impression of what niche should be. Also very nifty are the 30ml bottles in EDP concentration.

My fascination seems to end there however. Now, to be fair, I have only owned 1 bottle ( Inspiritu Sandalo) and sampled a handful of other offerings, but I am left wanting. I found Inspiritu to be "imbalanced" and frankinscence overkill, while The Vert is transparent and on the anemic side. Amateurish blending may be crossing the line by being verbally harsh, but this is what I think of when smelling offerings from this house.

The Vert is pleasant enough, but have no idea how this can be considered an EDP strength fragrance. What I get from it is a phantom tea note that wanders across a foundation of subtle bubblegum. The tea note comes and goes while the bubblgum stays put. This is not a strong accord....and it's the ONLY accord I get. No other transitions. The drydown is simply a very faded version of what already was, with the tea more apparent than the gum.

At $80 per ounce, this potential child scent may be more expensive than some top shelf, homegrown jimmyjam. The prices and blending have deterred me from future sampling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited