Champagne de Bois by Sonoma Scent Studio

Aldehyde, Jasmine, Clove, Sandalwood, Labdanum absolute, Vetiver, Amber.

First, allow me to say that I thoroughly enjoy Laurie's creations and I've yet to wear one that wasn't good. There's a particular strand of DNA that runs through Sonoma Scent Studio. It's a very identifiable marker and naturally it's outwardly apparent.

Champagne de Bois is certainly no exception. This is viscous and has serious presence. When I hear the word "Champagne", I can't help but think of frivolity and a certain degree of lightheartedness. You will not get either with Champagne de Bois. What you will get however is a terrifically tenacious scent reeking of ambery dew and spicy wood.

The aldehyde in the opening is extremely effective in clarifying the accompanying notes. There's also an underlying waxiness to not only the top accord, but the entire composition. This is a substantial introduction and one I love every time I smell it.

The clove rendition isn't your run-of-the-mill version. It truly is a complimentary augmentation and it stays in the shadows on me. I believe this subtle spice goes a long way in magnifying the resin. This is well executed and set to a low volume.

It doesn't take long for CdB to become the woody-amber it was destined to be from the onset. The labdanum is only a touch sweet on me. It's more of a moist version with a resinous character. Even with vetiver listed, I have never thought this took on your conventional earthiness. All of that comes courtesy of the ambery wood and to be honest, you need nothing else.

Champagne de Bois. A sexy woody according to the gospel of labdanum. Kudos to Laurie for an exceptional ( and substantial ) creation fit for both genders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited