Cuir d'Oranger by Miller Harris

Lots of leathery reviews lately.....and it seems 90% of what I've been sampling lately is some sort of leather chypre.......which brings me to Cuir d'Oranger by Miller Harris.

My first impression of this fragrance is ( surprise...surprise...) that of orange leather. I seem to correlate color with every fragrance I smell. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the color of the juice itself or its name. It's simply the way my mind works with olfactory stimulation.

The opening of Cuir d'Oranger on my skin is a bitter, but very enjoyable rendition of orange peel, light floral and a subtle but perceptible leather. As Cuir d'Oranger progresses, a background violet note and what seems to be a hint of white pepper augment the leathery orange. This is 15 minutes into the accords and the leather is coming to the fore....however it's not a cheap, aggressive leather note. This could pass itself off as a brushed suede that's been lightly sprayed with the drippings of tart peel.

The birch, moss and patchouli are intelligently implemented as to never deviate from the theme of this scent. When they do show up, it's very quietly done and add a dark quality to a fairly bright composition. The leather remains with hints of toned down orange, a slightly powdery violet dusted with pepper and the calm, earthy base. Miller Harris has succeeded in releasing a commendable rendition of citric leather that has pretty good projection and longevity. There's no question I would wear this.....and enjoy it the entire time.

Comments

  1. Another great leather to try out. I don't know why I haven't really explored Miller Harris- I was maybe put off by L'air de Rien ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is good. I have been slow to explore this house also, yet I liked F.d.Tabac enough to pick up a bottle last year.

    At any rate, I really enjoyed the sample wearing of d'Oranger. If it smells as good sprayed as it does dabbed, it should be a winner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited