Romeo Gigli per Uomo

Grapefruit, Rosewood, Aldehyde, Bergamot, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin, Plum, Tarragon.
Carnation, Cinnamon, Balsam Fir, Honey, Rose, Ginger.
Amber, Benzoin, Cedar, Musk, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Styrax, Tonka Bean and Vanilla.

For a masculine that has no listed civet note, there sure is a very nice facsimile of one in Romeo Gigli per Uomo. Whether an omission or the combination of note ratios giving me this effect, I am appreciative nonetheless.

With that said, Romeo Gigli opens with a tart citrus and lavender. It's of the substantial variety with a precursor of Tonka already rising from the base and lending a powdery texture to the top accord. It's here I get the mystery civet and what I smell is slightly similar to the rendition in Ungaro II.

The heart is a smooth transition yielding a soft spice and balsamic resin. This is seemingly done in the absence of a floral accord. The carnation and rose are too blurred on my skin and make a minimal contribution. Romeo Gigli is no worse for the wear however and maintains a full character.

The base and drydown is very comfortable. The oncoming vanilla is spacious and leaves enough room for others to integrate. There's the soft resin, earthy wood tones and a nicely tuned tonka. All these players blended with benzoin and vanilla constitute a sensual, masculine outro that lasts a respectable amount of time.

Sillage is good and longevity is about 5 hours on me. Romeo Gigli per Uomo is part unique and part sexy. Thumbs up from Aromi for the neon green juice in the very strange bottle.

Comments

  1. This sounds really intriguing. I actually quite like tarragon, though I never thought I would until I wore it in a few fragrances and it didn't make me feel like food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gives a slightly spicy green to the composition. Usually I get a subtle licorice note from tarragon, but not in Gigli.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited