Bleecker Street by Bond No.9

Violet Leaves, Cassia, Thyme, Jasmine, Cedar, Cinnamon, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Amber and Vanilla.

Bleecker Street by Bond No.9 is a limpid version of violet. If certain violet dominant scents work for you and some don't, Bleecker Street would be a good choice to sample. I'm one of these people and the ones that do work bring me enjoyment. The transparency of the entire scent and how comfortable it wears is something to factor in, but it's the violet note, front and center, that makes or breaks Bleecker Street.
I'm happy to report that for me, this is a success and a nice wear.
Now, is Bleecker Street something special or something I consider remarkable? No, it is not. I also don't know how the aroma pertains to New York City. I'm a born and raised Philadelphian and have been to NYC numerous times. I can never recall smelling something this pleasant on ( or near ) Bleecker Street. With that said, we all know names don't count for much and the only thing worth considering is if the fragrance is legit.
I have a bottle, so you already know where I stand.
Bleecker Street opens with a sheer violet and a green undercurrent. It smells full yet wears light. This is not to be confused with weak. The thyme ( on me ) is most evident in the opening and mid accords, then slowly recedes from view. This same thyme note, once the drydown begins, is replaced by a mystery musk that's not listed.Cassia and Cinnamon play politely in Bleecker Street. This could easily have been a cinna-fest, but a tame ration is employed and they favor the heart instead of usurping it.

During drydown, Bleecker Street shows signs of a woody moss working its way in. The transition is a subtle one, but a good one nonetheless. The oriental notes never do become prominent on me in any wearing, but that's not to say they wouldn't be more noticeable on you. All in all, this is a worthy fragrance when you need something floral, light with substance and an element of fresh. Sillage is very average but longevity is acceptable. Thumbs up from Aromi for Bond No.9 and Bleecker Street.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited