Dark Rose by Czech & Speake

Saffron, Bulgarian Rose, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Exotic Wood, Amber and White Musk.

A sample wearing of Dark Rose in 2010 resulted in a full bottle added to my wardrobe. I recall it being marketed to woman, but we all know how that works these days. To me, Dark Rose leans more masculine than anything, but it would smell terrific on anyone regardless of gender.

Czech & Speake has created a rose-saffron scent for the masses. This is westernized oud  ( I speak in generalized terms here ) with a woody and resinous base. The spicy and edgy quality I always seem to get from saffron works its magic in Dark Rose.

The opening of Dark Rose is just that. It feels velvety on my skin and the combo of rose and saffron is deep and spicy. I have been a fan of the rose note for years and thoroughly enjoy the numerous interpretations that are available. This one however is one of better ones if you happen to be looking for some zest and wood to go with it.

The patchouli isn't evident immediately. When it does materialize, it's an augmentation that preambles the soft musk. These usher in an extremely comfortable base accord. Until that transpires, the saffron-rose are aloft a wooden bed of sandal and amber. All these notes are set at an intelligent volume and none of them disturb the saffron-rose duo that's been set in motion from the opening.

Music depends upon the flow and nuances of notes in order to be desired. Fragrance isn't that much different. Czech & Speake's Dark Rose possesses the proper accents and attenuation of notes to be desirable. This is a very rich but breathable fragrance that features a terrific rendition of rose that a man can be proud to wear.

Sillage is above average and longevity is about  6 to 7 hours on my skin.  I happen to enjoy the song this scent  sings. Big thumbs up from Aromi for the medley that is  Dark Rose.

Comments

  1. I have trouble with ouhd too. Maybe this will work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista....it's worth a sample wear. It seems ( for me) that Oudh is far removed from my western sensibilities and I'm simply unaccustomed to the note. It's not so much unpleasant as it is dominating. I'm hard pressed to smell any other notes but it.

    This is one of only a few I have liked enough to consider.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited