Or Noir by Pascal Morabito

Since I have forgotten to review Or Black by Morabito while I still had some on hand, I do have some Or Noir to sample wear.

I must say that all the Morabito's I have worn, owned or tried have been striking in some fashion. All completely different one from another........but all possessing gravitas. Or Noir seems to follow that pattern to a tee.

First impression is that this offering is strong. In spite of its floral-chypre background, a man can pull this off and certain women may find it a bit too butch for their tastes. This is my 3rd wearing of Or Noir....and I admit to not liking it the first time, but it grew on me after I gave it a second wearing.

This fragrance is almost exclusively floral. I said almost. There's a smidgeon of citric fruit and a bigger dose of moss, but all the other players are floral that I can tell. I'm accustomed to this many floral notes being either too sweet or too soft-feminine, yet Or Noir walks on the dark side and even manages a wispy petrol note that has very good staying power. I'm not alluding to a bouquet that's been stored in a mechanics garage, but I really do smell petrol......subtle......but there nonetheless........all the way until the drydown.

The spicy moss in the base teeters toward masculine as does the preceding accords. This is almost a floral arrangement you could give to Bruce Willis on the set of Die Hard #7. The numerous floral notes of iris, jasmin, gardenia, rose and muguet are iris led and in the latter stages a jasmin-rose duo becomes prominent at the expense of the others. There's others in here as well that I can't detect and it seems that too many guests have been invited and only the truly extroverted are noticed.

All in all, Or Noir is a release to be reckoned with and should be used with a deft touch. I find it a very good fragrance if applied with moderation and should excel in the cooler months. Thumbs up from Aromi for Morabito's high octane floral powerbomb.

Comments

  1. Sounds fascinating, and the bottle reminds me of one of those old-fashioned diving helmets. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited