Il Mondi Odore Perfume Reviews

Il Mondi Odore Perfume Reviews

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Or Noir by Pascal Morabito

Since I have forgotten to review Or Black by Morabito while I still had some on hand, I do have some Or Noir to sample wear.

I must say that all the Morabito's I have worn, owned or tried have been striking in some fashion. All completely different one from another........but all possessing gravitas. Or Noir seems to follow that pattern to a tee.

First impression is that this offering is strong. In spite of its floral-chypre background, a man can pull this off and certain women may find it a bit too butch for their tastes. This is my 3rd wearing of Or Noir....and I admit to not liking it the first time, but it grew on me after I gave it a second wearing.

This fragrance is almost exclusively floral. I said almost. There's a smidgeon of citric fruit and a bigger dose of moss, but all the other players are floral that I can tell. I'm accustomed to this many floral notes being either too sweet or too soft-feminine, yet Or Noir walks on the dark side and even manages a wispy petrol note that has very good staying power. I'm not alluding to a bouquet that's been stored in a mechanics garage, but I really do smell petrol......subtle......but there nonetheless........all the way until the drydown.

The spicy moss in the base teeters toward masculine as does the preceding accords. This is almost a floral arrangement you could give to Bruce Willis on the set of Die Hard #7. The numerous floral notes of iris, jasmin, gardenia, rose and muguet are iris led and in the latter stages a jasmin-rose duo becomes prominent at the expense of the others. There's others in here as well that I can't detect and it seems that too many guests have been invited and only the truly extroverted are noticed.

All in all, Or Noir is a release to be reckoned with and should be used with a deft touch. I find it a very good fragrance if applied with moderation and should excel in the cooler months. Thumbs up from Aromi for Morabito's high octane floral powerbomb.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fascinating, and the bottle reminds me of one of those old-fashioned diving helmets. :)

    ReplyDelete