Reminiscence Eau de Patchouli

Every now and then, a blind buy goes according to plan. I absolutely love patchouli when it's accompanied by certain notes and in the right distribution. I have tried ( and liked) Reminiscence Patchouli's and especially the Elixir Patch with its spicy amber and musk undertones.

Reminiscence has manifold releases featuring different variations of Patchouli. It's as if they are trying to specialize in extraordinary patch scents and the one I did not get to try was Eau de Patchouli. I pulled the trigger on a blind buy after searching the accords and mulling over how good their other renditions were. It turns out it was a good decision on my part.

As soon as I received it, I spritzed twice and was rewarded with a cool blast of dark, heady patchouli. Many patchouli dominant scents I have had or presently own have a similar introduction, yet it only took Eau de Patchouli about 2-3 minutes before unveiling a round, spicy wood and labdanum. No waiting until the drydown for the outstanding supporting cast folks. In 5 minutes, I knew this was the best patch scent I have worn.....and that includes my beloved Mazzolari Patchouli.

The only trepidation I had before ordering this was simply the name of the fragrance. "Eau de whatever" usually means "anemic" to me since my skin absorbs everything like the sponge that it is. Not so with this Reminiscence. This is a substantial EDT that has hours of hang time before turning into a close scent. The sandal and cedar are in harmony with the amberish vanilla and there's a slight powder dusting from tonka....but this is minimal....and also in perfect balance. The patchouli is smack dab in the middle. It's not loud and possesses a minute, chocolate ambiance that's borderline earthy. This is just straight up rockin.

If you're looking for a semi sweet patch that's superbly blended, has nice sillage and longevity, do yourself a favor and snag a sample of Eau de. This is the patch scent I have been looking for....and I have smelled some excellent ones for sure. Huge thumbs up for Eau de Patchouli by Reminiscence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited