Sashka EDP by Micallef

I believe the Sashka line released by the House of Micallef came about in the late 1990's. I have had no knowledge of them until recently. There are simply too many frags to keep up with and this line escaped me.......until now.

This is one of two masculine Sashka's I recently purchased from Parfum1. Yes......I bought them blind based on reviews and accords......and yes, I still have a horseshoe in my !@# because both are very good and wardrobe worthy. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good............

I am, at this moment, wearing both on each hand and find myself appreciating them equally, in spite of them being completely different one from another. I shall now focus my attention on Sashka ( amber-colored) for the sake of this review. The opening is a concerted blast of lavender and a lemon-mandarin duo. You can smell all three equally and I am pleased to announce that the lavender is extremely well blended and never takes more of the topnote spotlight than it should. This is a clean and transparent lavender sans the soapiness. Ah yes.......my kind of lavender. The interplay with the citrus is also very good and balanced.

As the opening transpires, a note of pepper emerges to give the accord some pop. This signals the heartnotes to spring into action. Well.......spring may be a strong word here....since the nutmeg and very subtle pimento simply slide in nonchalantly to augment the peppery citric theme. I cannot say that I recognize the "pimento" note as such.....but there is something that inserts itself alongside the nutmeg and I deduce that this is Micallef's rendition of Pimento. It actually performs better than quite a few pimento notes I've smelled in other releases, so I'm not complaining.

The base of Patchouli and vetiver are as unencumbered as its predecessors. Spatial enough to differentiate the notes, yet substantial enough to carry the composition. In my opinion, this is well done...aside from smelling really, really good. All in all, Sashka is a winner in my book and for the prices these bottles of EDP are currently selling for.......a complete no brainer. It's a win-win all day long. Big thumbs up from Aromi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited