Chanel Cuir De Russie Eau de Toilette

I had a difficult time deciding on Cuir De Russie. I have been systematically sampling ( and purchasing ugh!) some of the more infamous leather fragrances as of late. I have tried this Chanel before, but not so much to review it and more to just smell it without having to dissect it. For me, concentrating on a scent as opposed to simply wearing it for the sake of....well, wearing it.....is a different perception.

Cuir De Russie is a little more floral than I remember it to be. That's not a negative. This is the 5th time I've sampled the vial and I waited until there was none left. Going into it, all I could recall was leather with an animalic slant to it. I'm happy to say there's more to it than that.

The opening is an enjoyable citric accord with a hint of shimmer and that has just a bit of bite to it. I can smell iris and carnation within moments appearing from the heart accord. It's not a dominant takeover, but it is enough for me to notice quickly. A jasmin soon teams up with the iris and these 3 notes compliment both accords as they unfold. This introduction may lean a tad feminine, but not enough to deter men from pulling this off effortlessly.

The base is where the leather comes into play for me. It's on the darker side, but less animalic than I wanted to remember it. Once again, that's not a negative. The van-amber duo that comes to dance with the leather isn't a loud combination and their supporting roles add a dash of resiny sweetness. These 2 soften the leather but never steal the limelight. The transitions in Chanel Cuir De Russie are enjoyable and I like that this fragrance isn't a leather bomb from the get go. It transforms on my skin and becomes a leather scent by way of a well done citric floral array. Either gender will smell pretty damn good wearing this.

Thumbs up from Aromi for yet another excellent Chanel fragrance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited