Eucris by Trumper

In 2009, I finally got around to sampling Sandalwood by Trumper and found it a very easy wear and all around good scent. As I have said before, I'm not much of a "cologne" aficionado and don't seek out many fragrances of this construction. I gravitate to stronger and denser compositions.

Still......I love sampling anything that's a wearable scent and keep an open mind. A friend from basenotes recently included Eucris in a swap and I have worn it a few times to get the feel for it. Coriander is a note I like and Eucris supplied a very nice rendition of it for sure. The first thing that came to mind when I applied Eucris ,besides recognizing the Coriander, was that this is suited for someone in their mid thirties on up and would work perfectly with a suit and tie.

There's not a thing stuffy about Eucris and there's also nothing playful about it either. It falls in between the two and conveys someone who's focused wearing this. That aside, it smells very good as you would expect. On me, the Coriander dominates the opening accord and gets an assist from blackcurrant. This lasts quite some time for topnotes before a duo of jasmin and muguet quietly insert themselves. These two seem content to stay subdued on me, but on someone else they may come to the fore in a more noticeable fashion. They soften and sweeten both accords just enough to keep the scent from becoming arid.

As Eucris unfolds, a soft moss from the base arrives much earlier than sandal and musk that are listed. The blackcurrant lends a nice texture to the moss note and gives it dimension. Only in extended drydown do I get any semblance of wood or musk and each of these is extremely light. On me, Eucris seems to drydown to the gritty moss and calls it good. I would have enjoyed a more pronounced wood to augment the moss, but Eucris still smells good and has nice longevity. The sillage is moderate and appropriate;  for this is in keeping with a Gentleman's scent.

Trumper has a nice fragrance in Eucris. Thumbs up from Aromi for Eucris by Trumper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited