Passion Mediterrannee Avec Amour by Morabito

Avec Amour ( With Love ) is the third sample I received in the Passion Mediterrannee series. Morabito sent approx. 4ml. worth of each, so Avec Amour ( along with the others ) was able to get multiple wearings. I'm especially glad of this where Avec Amour is concerned because I didn't like it the first time. I only spritzed once on that initial introduction, so maybe that had something to do with it.....or not......

Regardless, I like it now and in spite of this one being marketed to women, I find it terrific for either gender. My first impression is that this is a rouge offering......and while not exactly a rouge aficionado,I find I enjoy this one. I read the listed accords after my first wearing and am continually amused by Morabito's note descriptions. Being a fan of classic power fragrances, I don't run across notes by the names of Rose Gasoline of Turkey, Armoise Gasoline, Marine Agreement and of course Foam of Tree on any basis.

With that said, here's the listed notes for Avec Amour as stated by Pascal's site.

Top : Rose Gasoline of Turkey, Armoise Gasoline, Floral Bouquet, Lily of the Valley, Jasmine, Marine Agreement, Sandalwood Mysore and Bases Ambree.

While wearing this fragrance, I get everything all at once with the exception of the very first minute. The first minute is like a jigsaw puzzle being assembled very quickly by a magic and unseen hand. It smells foreign and I'm not exactly sure what to make of it, but the construction falls into place quickly and settles into my comfort zone. The totality of Avec Amour on me is a rouge enveloping a background suede and florals hovering in the center. This is not a conventional smelling scent, but it's interesting and it's also pleasant. The florals combined bring forth an accord that's indecipherable, except that you know it's a floral accord. The rose, jasmin, muguet and bouquet are a smorgasbord of notes that become one entity. The aura is rouge and collectively they become rojamubo. ( That's my idiotic name for them combined).

Marine Agreement ? I am at a loss here with that note. It may be that it is accentuating the floral accord and giving it that something extra, but the implementation is not giving me an aquatic vibe......and I give thanks for that. The Sandalwood and amber in the drydown are quiet and polite, but a very good anchor for this eclectic release. The 3 Passion Mediterrannee samples I have worn have all afforded me nice sillage and better than average longevity. The trick is to apply more heavily than you normally would. I'm not saying to bathe in it, but if you normally use 3 sprays of your regular rotation, then use 5 to 6 of this series. It will avail good results. I know it did for me.

Avec Amour may be a tad strange, but it is most assuredly sample worthy. I truly wouldn't mind owning a bottle of this and can tell my affinity for it increases every wearing. Thumbs up from Aromi for Morabito's Avec Amour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited