Good Life by Davidoff

I find this 1998 Davidoff release a bit eclectic and if you research the accords, the information is all over the place. One source will state that cyclamen is implemented while another claims blackcurrant and fig.

In truth, it really doesn't matter as long as the totality is a winner. This is a fougere that follows Davidoff Classic down a slightly different path. After wearing Good Life multiple times, I'm persuaded to believe that the accord information, albeit scattered, contains the correct info when pieced together.

The opening reveals a citric lavender with what I can only construe as a fig rendition and an even more prominent sage note. It's very different and very good. I also get an aquatic undertone that is extremely subtle and is more apparent in the extended drydown. Once the initial accord settles down, I swear I smell hints of rosewood, but they are intermittent and of a wispy nature. The sage note permeates the composition, is out front and is an enjoyable rendition.

The base is a placid aroma of wood, musk, a dash of tonka over a now visible aquatic accord and still has a sage note present and accounted for. These wearings have convinced me that Good Life is a very viable fougere and worthy addition. I seem to have developed an affinity for this when the desire strikes me to wear a scent in this category.

I like it and give it a thumbs up. I also advise a sample wearing ( or two) because this is off the beaten path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited