Montale Patchouli Leaves

Even if I don't wear dominant patchouli scents very frequently, I still consider myself a patch lover. Montale's Patchouli leaves has been around for a minute or two, but I never was incited enough to sample it. The reason isn't because I believed I wouldn't like it. I have Mazzolari, Reminiscence, Givenchy Gentleman and Bois 1920 for my patch fix and they cover all the bases. They are mainly cold weather fragrances for me, but occasionally I will don the patch in warm temps.

Patchouli Leaves is closer to Bois 1920 Real Patchouly than I ever expected due to the woodiness. Luckyscent has oak listed along with patchouli, yet I cannot discern oak in and of itself. I can, however, recognize a woody-patch accord when I smell one..........and this one is pretty well done. The listed notes are as follows :

Patchouli, Oak, Vanilla, Amber, White Musk & Cystus Ladaniferus.


For quite some time, the opening continues and ( on me ) it is a woody patch with an undercurrent of sweet resin. The transitions are minimal and unfold slowly, but the van-amber gains momentum as the life of the scent wears on. The top accord loses volume but never completely resigns itself to anonymity. It simply defers to the ambery accord and is augmented very nicely.

All in all, Montale's Patchouli Leaves is every bit as good as other high end patch frags like Profumum and Mazzolari. It's simply a different rendition done in a way you'd expect of a Montale release. Naturally, the longevity is extreme and the throw is exceptional as well. Would I purchase it? I would if I didn't already have the ones in my wardrobe. Adding Patchouli leaves would be redundant on my part regardless of how good I know it is.

Big thumbs up for Montale's Patchouli Leaves. If you haven't sampled it.......you really should.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited