Battito d'ali by Profumum

I'm not exactly sure what this scent has to do with "Beating of wings", but I have a soft spot for this house. The price point of all their offerings is a bit much at $2.40 per ml, but that aside, I haven't sampled one from Profumum that wasn't well made and reeking of quality on some level.

Allow me to say I think Battito d'ali smells exceptionally good, yet it will never be in my drobe. It leans a bit too feminine for tastes and is also a tad too sweet for me to wear successfully. I don't find it cloying, but I will say this fragrance has tenacity and an exceptional throw. I can't pull it off, but I sure wouldn't be mad smelling this on a nearby female. This also can be easily over applied, so keep that in mind if you have Battito earmarked as a sample wear.

LS has the listed notes as : Cocoa poudre, Orange Blossom, Myrrh and Vanilla.

The sweetness is derived from the Orange Blossom and Vanilla and yes, there's a feint creamsicle accord. It hovers in the background, but is offset by the transparent, powdery cocoa. In other Profumum offerings that I have tried that implement myrrh, the myrrh in Battito isn't as obvious as it is in ( let's say ) Santalum. It takes awhile for the myrrh to transition and make its contribution. Without it, I believe the Orange-Vanilla would become overtly sweet and simply be too much.

All in all, the few notes that embody Battito d'ali are well implemented and emit a rich, sweet fragrance lasting hours. The sillage is pretty spectacular, so if you have a proclivity for scents of this ilk, you may want to give this gal a test ride. I give this a thumbs up no problem. Too bad I can't wear it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited