Diptyque's Oyedo

Fans of strange citric creations should rejoice while wearing Diptyque's Oyedo. I had to wear this a few times in an attempt to understand it and see if I could eventually warm up to it.

I rarely run into a citric woody I don't like. Most of them I end up liking quite a bit, but Oyedo isn't your conventional citric woody. The opening is a blast of citrus with green attributes and for the first minute or so, I fully expected a mainstream creation with Diptyque projection and staying power. I was correct about the projection and staying power, but not about this being mainstream.

I'm not quite sure what the house was getting at when they were in the process of making this scent. The ingredients seem to take on a candy-like detergent quality. There's moments when I recognize what I can only describe as a beverage smell, so the overall aroma is a bit confusing and somewhat strange. The citrus rendition is unrealistic to me and it's possible Diptyque was deliberately doing this since the genre has been done countless times.

Oyedo isn't unpleasant. It also isn't satisfying, so I guess that leaves this fragrance in a purgatory of sorts. There's a listed cedar in the accords and only wish it were more dominant. It would have definitely helped the composition. The greenish citrus persists that's borderline effervescent and chemical smelling. THAT......is basically the life of the scent on my skin. It's not a scrubber nor is it a purchase. It simply is what it is.

I have to give Oyedo by Diptyque a big neutral rating and recommend a try-b-4-u-buy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited