Chanel No.5 Eau de Toilette

Chanel No.5 is truly a classic floral chypre. Is there anyone who hasn't encountered No.5 at some time in there lives? I'm tempted to say "the" classic floral chypre, but that may ruffle some feathers unnecessarily.

If aldehydes are a problem, this one may give you some problems. If you happen to like aldehydes, then you either already like No.5 or should try it. The opening of ( yes, you guessed it )  aldehydes, bergamot and neroli are very familiar and friendly. There's a refinement about not only the top accord, but the totality of No.5 that is very pleasant. I believe No.5 can come off as a bit crass if over-applied, but when used moderately emits a certain sophistication.

The floral heart is evident very quickly. I get a rose and jasmin duo with a dusting from iris. It's a nice accord and only wish I could smell a more pronounced muguet, but alas I do not. This is the Eau de Toilette I am reviewing and possibly the other available strengths will yield a different balance. The drydown ( on me ) takes awhile and affords me a soft rendition of mossy musk and a nod from van-amber. The florals are still going in tandem with the base. The volume is understandably lower, but the overall texture of the scent has become more elegant.

Chanel No.5 was a winner, is a winner and I'm quite sure will remain one. Thumbs up from Aromi for this Chanel classic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited