Cuir by Mona di Orio

Okay........I'm a leather lover by nature. After applying Cuir my initial impression was a loud "YEOWZA" ! I then thought that it's quite possible a retired fireman collaborated on this composition.

Living a large portion of my life in the inner city back east, I've had my share of traversing through some burned out and gutted factories or row homes. The aroma of charred items is not one you lose a bead on as the years go by. Cuir truly smells like I'm standing in a room full of burnt embers that have been extinguished for a few days. The casualties in this fire were wooden timbers and leather goods that were put out with Mrs Dash meat seasoning.

Does this sound gross? Well, it's not. Very weird ( to me at least ), but not gross. I do get the leather rendition and it's off the beaten path. I have numerous leather fragrances like quite a few of you, but none smell anything close to this. This is a leather jacket that has suffered smoke damage in a department store misfortune.

LS has the notes listed as : Cardamom, Absinth, Leather, Cade, Resinoid Opoponax and Castoreum.

I cannot say there's much transition in the fragrance with the exception of the volume coming down a notch and it becoming smoother after wearing it for a half hour or so. The sample wearings aren't as unpleasant as the review may give the impression of them being. Cuir is possibly too eclectic for my tastes and not something I'd want to be wearing for hours on end. I'm also not turned off by the scent either, so maybe "ambivalent" would be an accurate assessment on my part.

I have no choice but to give Mona's rendition of Cuir a big neutral rating. I applaud her daring however and recommend sampling this just for the experience. Who knows........there may be an inner arsonist lurking in your character that you aren't aware of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited