Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I guess it was 3 to 4 years ago I reviewed Dzing! by L'Artisan. The only thing I can hazily recall is that I didn't care for it. I can't find the review, but I have noticed my tastes changing since then. I have a mind to re-review quite a few very soon in order to upgrade some of my more truncated critiques and also because my palette is ever evolving.

To be honest, I still don't love Dzing! I may appreciate it more than I did in the past, but it still is a bit barnyard for my tastes during the opening and heart accord. I will say that it's done elegantly, however that may sound illogical. An elegant barnyard fragrance?

To be precise, the barnyard element isn't completely distracting or over-the-top. It's "there" however and subtle as it may be, I can't say I care for it. Olivia Giacobetti has succeeded in turning an undesirable into something acceptable and all the while keeping an elegance connected to it. I truly tip my hat to her achievement with Dzing!

The listed notes according to LS are : Tonka beans, Balsam, Saffron and Ginger.

To look at the accord and then smell what's transpiring on skin is somewhat of a mystery. I'm not stating that its completely off base, but it's not what I expected. Saffronesque leather in the vicinity of a wild animal or two is much closer to what I perceive. The barnyard aura leaves after 20 minutes or so and quietly replaced with a spiciness that augments the now soft leather note. It's this part of the wearings that I appreciate Dzing! It also is a distant predecessor to Tom of Finland by ELDO.

The extended drydown consists of the subtle, leathery saffron and spice with a hint of wood. I enjoy half the ride with the initial part of the wearing being slightly feral. As a whole, Dzing! is understated and well constructed. Now, if only there was a way for me to like the first 20 minutes...........

Thumbs up anyway for Dzing! by L'Artisan. Some may truly enjoy the introduction even if I don't. I recommend a try-b-4-u-buy in order to experience this fragrance.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barnyard, yes, indeed. I believe that I referred to the scent as "rodeo-esque" in my review, since the salient effect to my nose was an odd combination of Bandaids, saddles, and dung (bandaids being necessary to have on hand for the bucking-bronco injuries which might be sustained).

    You're a tolerant man, Aromi. I salute you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited