Nightscape by Ulrich Lang

2009 brought us Ulrich Lang's Nightscape and with it a fresh take on patchouli. The funny thing is that, in spite of it being a current rendition of patchouli, just how modern can you deliver patch.....and it still be recognizable as such?

Patchouli dominant scents seem to be easily pidgeonholed into the "Hippie" category. I'm referring to all of them as a whole and like it or not, the scent association does steer many to that time period. Hell, I get the association and that was my era. I did all my damage in the 70's, yet the aroma of patchouli transports me at times. Still, I love the note when it's served up just a bit sweet.

Enter Nightscape by Ulrich Lang. There's a "coolness" associated with how this scent begins. That sensation doesn't last long on me, but I enjoyed it while it played itself out. The top accord of Bergamot, Geranium and Patchouli feels spatial and the aroma is excellent. It's a slightly different opening, but not enough  to be unconventional. You can identify the patch immediately, but it's not a loud version by any means.

As the wearing ensues, a soft Jasmin note arrives and compliments the Patchouli and Geranium. Up until this time, the scent is sort of aloof and this touch of sweet makes Nightscape more embraceable. This particular group of notes lasts a good while in my wearings before finally passing the baton over to a patchouli-suede combo. It's softer by this time and as the drydown commences, a smooth, non resinous amber appears and its contribution is a comfortable one.

Nightscape is a different take on patchouli. Nothing drastic mind you, but enough for me to welcome it. The transitions were noticeable and well executed as well as good projection and longevity. I recommend patchouli fans to at least sample wear this fragrance. I think you'll like it as much as me.

Thumbs up from Aromi for Ulrich Lang's Nightscape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited