Oud EDP Intense by Mona di Orio

Allow me to say that if the use of oud in Mona di Orio's creation is indicative of the real ingredient, then I can now understand why some of the "oud purists" never cease to make mention of the "inferior" synthetics that mimic true oud.

Has Mona used real oud? I don't know the answer to that anymore than you do. What I do know is that this fragrance is outstanding and it stands to reason that she implemented a certain degree of the real deal here. Smooth as silk is a term I use somewhat undeservedly at times, but here it would describe the totality of Mona's Oud to a tee. Imagine cutting a rib eye so tender you could use a plastic spoon to do it.

LS lists the notes as : Elimi Phillipines, Green Mandarin from Calabre,  Petitgrain Paraguay,  Indonesian Patchouli,  Absolu Osmanthus China,  Nagarmotha India,  Atlas Cedarwood,  Laotian Essential Oud Oil, Musc and Ambergris.

As everyone already knows, the price point of over $5 per ml is what it is.Yes, this is an expensive fragrance. It also is the best "Oud" scent I have experienced so far and I'm quite certain that it is good enough to be in anyone's Top 5 category ( unless you aren't inclined to oud of course ).

From a blending standpoint, I'm finding it very difficult to even identify what it is I'm smelling here as far as listed notes are concerned. The fragrance, from start to finish, acts as one entity. Patou Pour Homme has that same effect on me, but I can follow the transitions more successfully in that one than I can here. The oud is apparent but sans any harshness whatsoever. I get no medicinal and that aspect is replaced with a balsamic woodiness that is borderline sweet and possesses a hint of leather.

This one is simply too good to try and dissect it. I'm just going to wear it and announce just how excellent it is. Two big thumbs up for Mona di Orio's Oud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited