Bois de Gaiac et Poire by Miller et Bertaux

Miller et Bertaux puts out some interesting and creative perfumes. Marcy from Lusciouscargo threw this in my most recent sample package as one of her numerous ( and generous) freebies. ( Thanks again Marcy ! )

The first thing I noticed about wearing Bois de Gaiac et Poire was the combination of citrus, pear, almond and wood. It's a very nice opening accord and I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this scent since it's been around awhile.

Bois de Gaiac et Poire is also a shared fragrance. It blurs the lines of gender and I would have no problems wearing this fragrance for a night out. The sillage and longevity are commendable but not ill mannered.

The notes listed for Bois de Gaiac et Poire are : Lemon, Mandarin, Jasmin, Rose, Gaiac, Pear, Cinnamon, Heliotrope and Almond.

About 15 minutes into the wearings, rose and jasmin start rearing their heads and augment the almond note nicely. The pear has subsided on me by this time and has been replaced by the very subtle cinnamon. The woodiness of this scent is a soft rendition and is content to stay in the background until the drydown. It is more noticeable by then as a matter of default, yet after smelling the transitions, I am convinced it's at the correct volume all the way through.

The rose note also becomes more prominent as Bois de Gaiac et Poire dries down. It's a nice implementation and has a bit of spiciness to it. I like this woody rose with spice that lasts for a few hours. I can't say that this fragrance is spectacular because it isn't. It is very good however and the drydown is right up my alley.

Thumbs up from Aromi for Miller et Bertaux and BdGeP. This is a sleeper woody rose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited