Mirra by i Profumi di Firenze

This house releases fragrances that do not get any exposure from visual promotion or word of mouth. i Profumi has its own style and comes off ( to me ) as a hybrid of old school and modern. They certainly don't attempt to be current since they claim to use very old recipes. The house is definitely worth sampling since there are some interesting fragrances in their lineup.

Now, I could be wrong about the lack of exposure, but here in the States I never hear of it nor do I see anything pertaining to past and present releases. That's too bad because after sampling enough of these, I feel this house would appeal to a certain percentage of wearers.

Mirra is very uncomplicated like quite a few others in their line. The bottom line is that it's a woody oriental. I say that only because of the vanilla base. Mirra opens with a slightly balsamic woodiness and the only real transition I get is when the vanilla starts to assert itself after 5 minutes. We have Olibanum, Myrrh, Woody and Vanilla comprising this fragrance. How can it not be linear?

Is Mirra a nice wear? Yea, it smells good, but I have to say it's a forgettable scent. The vanilla rendition isn't the best I've encountered, but then again I'm a pain in the ass when it comes to that particular note. The sillage and longevity of Mirra is adequate at best. However, I don't believe their lineup is made with the intent of releasing monstrous scents. They have a casual air about them and ( on me ) seem to work best as close fragrances.

A neutral rating from Aromi for i Profumi's Mirra. The price point of approximately $2 per ml. is simply a deterrent and doesn't seem to be commensurate with the totality of this scent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited