Rose d'Homme EDP by Les Parfums de Rosine

I have never sampled this house before trying Rose d'Homme. The first thing that struck me wearing this scent was the leather note. The second thing to make me take note was the fact that this wears like an EDT in spite of being advertised as an Eau de Parfum.

This could be my skin type however. I have been known to absorb like a sponge, so please take that statement with a grain of salt. At any rate, Rose d'Homme opens with a ambiguous citric note and leather with a hint of rose. The leather rendition in this is reminiscent of the suede and rubber sole aroma ( combined ) from a new shoe. It's good in a strange way, but I prefer my leather a bit differently.

What baffles me most is the name. The rose ( on me ) is most assuredly not a dominant note or theme. I assumed a floral array would be front and center, yet they only play minor roles in Rose d'Homme. Through the heart accord, the new shoe-rubber aura persists with very subtle hints of vetiver and rose. Even before the drydown, I find myself underwhelmed.

The base and drydown doesn't bring any surprises. It's what I already described but at a softer volume. Patchouli does lend a sliver of earthiness to Rose d'Homme after 20 minutes, but I cannot say that it salvages this for me. I find this release on the bland side and since the leather is dominant on me, it would have helped if the rendition was of a different ilk. I can't muster any love here, so it's time to move on...........

Neutral rating from Aromi for Rose d'Homme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited