Bois 1920 Come La Luna

Sicilian Mandarin, Sicilian sweet Orange, Rose Wood, Pink Pepper, Coriander, Indonesian Patchouli, Cedar, Amber and Incense.

The very first thing I noticed about Come La Luna was the retro opening of citrus. This top could have been on any number of classic feminines. It's one of those accords that you can literally taste in your throat and it  doesn't take much of this to get noticed. Over apply this one and you will be noticed on the lunar surface. I'm not badmouthing here, just giving a heads up that Come La Luna is no lightweight and if you have issues with sillage and longevity, pull the trigger on a sample of this. Your worries may be over.

I always enjoy citrus implementations and especially notes such as mandarin and tangerine. I cannot say that I like the rendition here in Come La Luna. It smells brash and synthetic to me. It's also tuned too loud for my taste, but others may have a different opinion of the opening.

The Pink Pepper is also a bit abrasive, so I guess it's safe to say that the intro isn't winning me over. After 15 minutes and the scent settles down some, I like it a bit better. The citrus now has shed the heaviness that bogged it down and the spice has eliminated the caustic aspect it possessed in the beginning. Come La Luna is still strong, but the combination of the notes dissipating and olfactory fatigue permit me to move along in the wearing.

The transition to the base accord reveals an earthiness compliments of the patchouli-amber duo. There's also a wood component arriving at about the same time, but it doesn't resemble rosewood to me. If anything, it's a shadowy cedar note and these new arrivals salvage the wearing. Up until now, it hasn't been that great a ride.

Extended drydown produces a more interactive, resinous  amber. That along with the subtle incense is a nice touch. Other than that, I have to give Come La Luna a neutral rating. Sillage and longevity are very good, but I have to love what I'm smelling in order for those things to be an asset.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited