Genie de Bois by Keiko Mecheri

I was unsure about trying Genie de Bois as it features the violet note and that one is precarious for me. There's something about the way violet is used that either makes me walk away from it or appreciate it.

I like the Mecheri line and since Keiko is intent on releasing very civilized renditions, I assumed that Genie de Bois would be in keeping with the house mentality. As expected, there's not a rude or caustic note to be found in the vicinity.

Genie de Bois is an uncomplicated floral woody. It leans on the feminine side, but not overtly so. I would have no qualms in wearing this and it feels suited for office, casual or even a frivolous night out. It wears light, but that doesn't mean there isn't substance here. There's substance all right.

 Genie de Bois is one of those fragrances that is more
noticeable to others in your proximity than it is to the wearer. The cedar note is very evident and incrementally becomes more dominant as the wearings ensue. It eventually evolves into a woody with violet overtones. Once the opening accord dissipates after 15 minutes, the gender barrier dissolves and the shared aspect of Genie de Bois becomes apparent.

Now, do I like the violet rendition? I have to say yes. It's one of the better ones I've worn and for comparison, I'd say that it's on the other end of the spectrum from Grey Flannel. Keiko's version of the note is very supple and maintains presence in spite of this.

I believe that if I smelled this on someone at my place of employment, I would compliment them on it and ask what they were wearing. The houses of Mecheri and Micallef are my solutions when I have the urge to wear something that's in direct contrast to my classic fragrances. I enjoy having a softer touch now and then and Keiko may be the Queen of the brush stroke.

Once again, an appreciative thumbs up from Aromi for Her Softness, Keiko and Genie de Bois.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited