Tubereuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Tuberose, Ylang Ylang, Coconut Milk.

This 1978 release was an extra sample that was recently included in one of my orders. It stated on the sample that it was a "retired" fragrance and collectible.

For quite some time, I was having a very difficult time in sampling L'Artisans that were pleasant wears for me. Lately however, I have sampled a few that are very good, so my luck seems to be changing for the better with this house.

Having never smelled this particular fragrance, I had no expectations. Tuberose, while not my favorite, is a terrific note for me when not dominant and parlayed with others. This scent is all about tuberose, so I hoped for the best.

Well, this is tuberose all right. It's front, center and even behind you. As a male, I cannot pull this off nor would I want to. The question is if it smells good.

I have to say it smells excellent. For an L'Artisan, I find the volume louder than most others from this house and wonder if it has to do with the year it was released. Perhaps it was intended to keep pace with  its time period. The later 70's and 1980's are known for their assertiveness.

For all I know, I may be completely off base here regarding its strength, but it doesn't matter. Tubereuse is extremely feminine, possesses strong character and comes off as elegant. The coconut blends extremely well with the tuberose and the result is sweet with just enough spice to satisfy. There's hints of balsam here too and wonder if the Ylang is responsible for this added depth.

Once again, that doesn't matter. The totality is an exceptional feminine floral with good sillage and longevity. As you can surmise, Tubereuse is a simple, straight ahead floral that goes on pretty strong and stays that way for a commendable amount of time. Those traits wouldn't be worth much unless it smells balanced and refined. Well......it does.

Tubereuse lasts 6 hours plus from small applications. For me, this is one of the best projecting L'Artisans I've tried. It seems I like everything about this fragrance and would love to smell it on a woman. Big thumbs up from Aromi for Tubereuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited