Amber Oud by Kilian

Amber , Oud, Bay leaf, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Benzoin.

I understand that there are different interpretations of the oud note. Mona created a very expensive, yet fabulous rendition of it, before her untimely and sad passing. The oud note in that release was different than what I had become accustomed to, but I was certainly able to identify it as oud. I cannot say however that I experience oud in any fashion while wearing Amber Oud by Kilian.

Do I find Amber Oud a nice scent? Yes, it's extremely nice in totality, but I still want oud in a scent that advertises it in its name. It's also no surprise that the price is.......well........high even by Kilian standards. Amber Oud is all about amber on my skin from start to finish. It does exhibit some woodiness and has an oriental finish. It's nice, but the price point is simply too much for this reviewer.

After wearing Amber Oud numerous times, I know where I have smelled this particular rendition of the amber note. Lo and behold, it was Obsession that came in that strange but cool oval bottle with the unconventional top. Bear with now, because I am referring to the amber note and not the entire fragrance. To me, they are truly similar and that may prove to irritate some who absolutely love Amber Oud. In no way am I denigrating the Kilian, but on my skin, it is what it is. I simply wish this was more versatile and unfortunately it is not.

In my wearings, I cannot say that bay leaf or Cedar made a real impact. Not much can stand up to the amber in this scent. I think it smells great and manages to keep its presence very manageable while maintaining depth. The vanilla is definitely a nice transition that takes this uncomplicated fragrance to the finish. Is it enough though?

No....not really. I'd wear Amber Oud on a regular basis, but on the condition that I didn't have to shell out the asking price. It's simply too much do-re-me for what it does. At almost $400 per 50ml., it makes you think real hard, but it still deserves a thumbs up because it does smell extremely good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited