Carthusia Uomo

Bergamot, Rosewood.
Leather, Aquatic notes.
Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Cashmere.

A woody leather that tilts Marine? I had to sample this one just from perusing the listed notes. The first few applications revealed an extremely likable aquatic vibe merged with woods and citrus. I'm reminded of a wooden dinghy at the Jersey shore.

The opening affords just that. The marine note (s) never dominates. There's just enough, in good balance, to offset the woods and subtle citric accord. Carthusia Uomo doesn't possess very strong sillage, but the presence is tuned very nicely and for today's sensibilities, this is an asset. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the volume and projection is moderate and contemporary.

What strikes me most is that Uomo lives in between designer and niche, but comes with the niche price tag. This isn't meant as a derogatory statement as I like what I'm smelling.

However, like numerous designers implementing lots of wood notes, they are seriously blurred ( once the fragrance has passed the opening accord ) and don't have the clarity I find intriguing. The leathery elements have this tuning as well. They're in the mix, but there doesn't seem to be much evolution, focus or movement.

Carthusia Uomo seems to rely more on being a modern, mish-mash of notes that lean polite and fresh than it does making any type of statement. I will say that I find it a pleasant aquatic woody that can be worn in all sorts of venues and not cause a ripple.

Yes, Uomo is "safe", but not everything needs to be daring. Sillage is moderate and so is the longevity. I get 4 to 5 hours wear out of Uomo that stays somewhat close to the skin. Neutral rating from Aromi for the price alone, but a sample wear is recommended since Uomo simply smells nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited