Cedre by Serge Lutens

Musk, Amber, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Tuberose.

In the past, I have read the reviews on Cedre and recall some of them mentioning Tuberose as a complimentary note to the cedar. On my skin however, this is all about Tuberose from the initial spray.

I find the name a bit misleading as I was expecting a definitive woody instead of a floral creation. Don't get me wrong in thinking that all I perceive is tuberose. It's simply the dominant note, however a very good rendition.

The blended combination of musk, wood and spice really seems to accentuate the tuberose like wind to a sail. The fragrance itself leans more feminine to my nose than anything and I chalk that up to the assertively floral direction Cedre takes. The tuberose note is just loud enough to supplant the others and categorizes this Lutens as more of a spicy floral with woody attributes.

After a few wearings, Cedre doesn't possess any real transitions. It opens already unfolded on my skin and that's not a drawback. It's more an observation than anything. The sillage and projection fluctuate, affecting the volume more than shifts in progression. Overall, Cedre smells rich, well made and substantial; especially when your body heats is turned up a notch.

After enough time has lapsed and the base-drydown would normally commence, the tuberose is still front and center. A dense, spicy musk with whiffs of resin compliment the tuberose.

Cedre has a woody tone undercutting what has been described. My skin doesn't seem to amplify the cedar like others have experienced. Perhaps it's simply my perception, but whatever the reason, the wood is the most passive aspect in all my wearings.

Sillage is good and longevity is commendable. Cedre keeps giving during an entire work day. Thumbs up from Aromi for the Serge and his Cedre. A sample wear is definitely recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited