Dans Tes Bras by Frederic Malle

Bergamot, Violet, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Frankincense, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cashmeran, Musk.

Talk about an opening. If you don't happen to like an onrushing dose of cashmeran mingled with citrus and violet, then it sucks to be you. The opening is strong, diffusive and spicy with overtones of muskiness, slight floral decay and some earthy aspects.

I've noticed quite a few reviewers have remarked on the "mushroom" note they find off putting. I experience an earthiness instead. I work with food to make a living and happen to love eating mushrooms ( especially portabella ), but I find no legitimate mushroom aroma here in Dans Tes Bras regardless of it being canned or fresh. Violet can be a sharp note as it is. When merged with cashmeran, heliotrope and musk, it may startle you with some floral tenacity.

There's a salty quality to Dans Tes Bras once the heart accord transitions. At this point in the wearings, 10 minutes or more have elapsed and the fragrance loses the sharpness it possessed in the salutation. It begins to mellow and starts to exhibit a more sensual side. I like this stage of it and while not exactly my cup of tea, it has become much more comfortable and engaging.

The base accords delivers up an extremely thin version of incense and it's difficult for me to even identify it as such. One moment I think it's there and then the next minute Elvis has left the building.


The real chore of the base accord is finding a way out from under the heavy floral imprint. The spicy musk is tuned high enough to stay on par, but the patchouli and sandal struggle on my skin to be recognized. I'm not stating that Dans Tes Bras suffers because of this, but I know I would have enjoyed a more pronounced rendition of woods to act as a reprieve ( of sorts ) from the consistent floral theme. All in all, this is peculiar enough to have merit and especially so if you gravitate toward violet and musk.

Sillage is good and longevity is 5 hours plus on me. Thumbs up from Aromi ( with an asterisk ) and a strong recommendation to try before you buy on this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited