Series 2 : Red Sequoia by Comme des Garcons

Karo Karound, Rum, Oud, Mahogany, Leather, Opoponax.

It's taken me all this time to finally get around to sampling Sequoia. I was expecting an impressive scent and admit to walking away unimpressed.

Perhaps this is due to my trying some exceptional fragrances lately and anything less than that would appear mundane. It also could very well be that Sequoia simply is an average release that has succeeded in underwhelming me. Regardless of the reason, Sequoia smells adequate and that's not a crime. It really means it will never make it into my wardrobe as a purchase.

Sequoia possesses a very unique floral component that performs like a foundation that the rest is built upon. Sure, there's wood here, but all incorporated notes seem encapsulated in this floral perspiration that's present for the first half of the wearings. It's acceptably different, but does nothing to persuade me that Sequoia is a bottle worthy fragrance.

The suggestions of booze, oud, leather and even smoke are tuned so polite as to cause my interest to wander. By the heart and base, there's a developing herbal quality that reminds me of celery leaves. This subtle, but present note is actually nice and catches me by surprise. I expected wood, wood and more wood.

What I receive instead is light cedar enveloped in a rose-like dew, only to be augmented with the leaves of a celery stalk. This isn't what I had in mind, so my disappointment is evident.

On the flip side, Sequoia is pleasant and very wearable. It offers comfort, but sans any personality. That too isn't a crime. I suppose my purchases that border on the "ordinary" all have at least one component that makes it stand out. I find this lacking and my need to be "spurred on" goes unfulfilled.

Sillage is mediocre and longevity is approximately 4 hours plus on my skin. It's safe to say, after wearing Sequoia numerous times, that I shall post this review and move on with no consideration of trying this one again in the future. A very sincere neutral rating from Aromi and the recommendation to sample first in lieu of a blind buy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited