Bamboo Harmony by Kilian

Bergamot, Bigarade, Neroli, White Tea, Mate Essence, Mimosa, Spices, Fig, Oakmoss.

What makes me happy is the freedom I have to express myself within this hobby. This blog is my outlet and I need not kiss the ass of anyone since I buy everything I sample.

I also do my best to be fair in the subjective experience and genuinely take no pleasure in posting bad reviews, deserving or not. I will still give my opinion if it's unfavorable and explain why. This particular house makes me somewhat uncomfortable because everything I smell from Kilian is good and none of them are worth the money unless owning a Kilian is a status symbol for you. Bamboo Harmony is no exception. As pleasantly transparent as it is, there are others as good or better, replicating something similar and costing much, much less.

Bamboo Harmony opens with a well executed citrus accord. It's very enjoyable and sheer. The tea note begins to bleed through within a few minutes and once merged with the top is, well.......you guessed it.....extremely nice.

Since there really aren't any conventional transitions to speak of, something slightly herbal and leafy finds its way into the wearings at about the 10 minute mark. It's green, tender and brings with it what seems like a very subtle pepper.

In drydown and beyond a light moss does make an appearance and compliments the leafy tea and citric accord. In a nutshell, this is Bamboo Harmony on my skin. It remains lucid the entire wearing, is surprisingly unspectacular and yet ( once again ) is a pleasant and comfortable wear.

Sillage is very moderate with longevity being much better, but close to the skin. Because of the price point, the best I'm willing to rate this is a neutral. A man must handle his finances responsibly and buying this would be unjustified.


Comments

  1. "A man must handle his finances responsibly and buying this would be unjustified."



    A quotable classic, Aromi! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited