Bond No.9 I Love New York for All

Bergamot, Lilly of the Valley, Pepper.
Cocoa, Coffee Beans, Glazed Sugar of Hazelnut.
Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla.

Here we have a sweet, beverage type gourmand from the prolific house of Bond No.9 aimed at the masses. I say that since it is supposed to be "For All". Personally, I don't know about the "for all" category since that encompasses multitudes too numerous to count.

It should be titled "I Love New York for 20 to 30 year old corporate ladder climbers". I can't help but think of yuppies who are single and have money to burn when smelling this scent. I never said it was an unsatisfactory scent, but I will say this isn't for everyone like its name claims. You should have a proclivity for hot and sweet caffeinated beverages in order to fully appreciate this creation.

In lieu of describing transitions, allow me to say that the opening of I Love New York for All is like wearing part latte, part cappuccino and hazelnut cream that's been caramelized. The dairy quality has been heated for too long and a slightly burnt aspect is evident. The pepper is in the mix, but as an accent and is never louder than it should be. I imagine the machines that mix and heat confections of this type would retain a slightly burned cream and coffee aroma at shifts end. You may like this smell and you may not. It's sweet in a thick way and the burnt quality may be a deal breaker for some. I don't find it unpleasant; just very noticeable.

The base, and especially the drydown, reveal an interesting combination of patchouli, woods, creamy hazelnut and the suggestion of coffee. The "overcooked" aura is still present and never really dissipates, but it shifts into a lower gear.

Sillage, most notably in the opening, is very expansive. As the scent progresses, it remains respectable. Longevity is approximately 5 hours on me before morphing into a close fragrance. A sample wear is definitely recommended if you find yourself on the fence with sweet, gourmand-like creations. I don't love it nor do I hate it, so a positive neutral rating is warranted.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited