Knowing Eau de Parfum by Estee Lauder

Rose, Tuberose, Mimosa, Melon, Green Notes, Coriander, Aldehyde.
Jasmine, Patchouli, Orange Blossom, Orris Root, Muguet, Laurel, Cedar, Cardamom.
Oakmoss, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Patchouli, Orris Root, Spices, Civet.

Jean Kerleo is the nose behind Knowing by Estee Lauder. He also happens to be responsible for what I consider to be ( quite possibly ) the best masculine designer fragrance of all time. For the few that don't know what I'm referring to, it happens to be the venerable Patou Pour Homme. Lauder is a house I normally don't care for that much, but exceptions are a general rule that we all must adhere to.

Knowing is more substantial than I thought it would be and although a feminine, this is strong willed and determined not to be your garden variety, sexy chypre. Extremely woody from Cedarwood oil, the earth and green tones lend enough masculinity to have me considering wearing this or at least layering it. You simply don't smell anything current that's akin to this.

Although some reviewers seem to revel in the rose, I experience a very woody-moss tandem that takes center stage. I do get the rose, but it blooms on my skin more like an accent note and is of the dry variety. There's depth to Knowing and it wears on the heavier side. This scent is for a very confident woman and it probably would surprise me if I smelled this on someone under 25. I'm not insinuating Knowing is dated or that a younger woman couldn't pull this off. It simply is better suited for a particular age and personality.

Sillage is very acceptable and longevity is 6 hours plus on me. Thumbs up once again for Mean Jean Kerleo and this creation for Estee Lauder. A sample wear ( as always ) is strongly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited