Intuition by Estee Lauder

Mandarin, Bergamot, Grapefruit.
Gardenia, Rhododendron, Freesia, Rose.
Amber.

From its opening to the finish, Intuition by Lauder is about as calm and inoffensive a fragrance that you will find. I didn't mind that the rendition of floral components weren't exactly realistic. The suggestion was enough for me and the absence of anything caustic or grating in the composition was gratifying.

Now, does this Lauder creation "look inside" or become contemplative? Well, I've worn it enough by now to say it doesn't lend any incisive reasoning my way. In its defense however, I will say it breaks no rules in naming scent. As far as I know, there's usually no rhyme or reason other than them narrowing down a name for marketing and then going with it.

Intuition opens with a smooth citrus and has grapefruit in the lead role. This note isn't sharp or very tart and no sooner you identify it, a leafy quality inserts itself into the accord. I keep thinking I'm smelling a very subtle benzoin in this grouping as well, but it could very well be the type of amber chosen. The floral notes chosen are tuned in a passive manner and never exceed a polite volume.

I admit to liking the grapefruit rendition. It's not conventional at all, but up close it's the one note that's convincing to me. It sticks around as the heart commences and I enjoy its longevity. The floral notes are blurred and not very distinguishable. Even so, the end result isn't bad by any means.

The amber finish is sweet, but not overtly so. It has a nice resin quality and ends Intuition in a comfortable fashion. Sillage is acceptable and longevity is surprisingly good as I can detect this the following morning. There's no reason this shouldn't get a thumbs up for aroma and price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited