Boss Sport ( Revised )

Artemesia, Bergamot, Juniper Berry, Lemon, Mandarin.
Carnation, Clary Sage, Geranium, Jasmine, Lily, Rose, Mace, Tarragon.
Amber, Cedar, Moss, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean.

In 2009, I submitted a very brief opinion about this particular scent. Going through my cabinet, I found my bottle and opted to wear it. I also checked my old review and decided it needed to be updated.

Boss Sport reminds me of green fields and the things therein, more than suggesting "sport". The word sport is loaded with interpretation and is especially misleading when it pertains to fragrance. Can Boss Sport actually be a "Sport" scent? I suppose it can be, since aroma is so subjective.

When I think of a sport fragrance, I expect something ethereal that doesn't bog you down or keep you thinking about what you are wearing. Boss Sport is a bit more substantial than that, but that isn't a negative and this is simply my perception.

The Artemesia in the opening is the focal point for me. It's herbal and minty at the same time and performs well with the Juniper. There's Citrus, Mace  and Carnation lurking in this heady mix as well. These players standout above their peers during the top and heart accords.

The Mace is rather a nice touch that adds a somewhat prickly green quality to an already woody-green aroma. The base and drydown lend a soft moss and Tonka that accent the now, toned down top and heart.

Boss Sport is a rather pleasant  masculine fragrance that leans green the entire ride. Sporty? Perhaps, but I simply find it comfortable, well done and polite. Sillage is average with longevity approximately 4 hours before morphing into a skin scent. Thumbs up from Aromi for Boss Sport. As always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

  1. Great blog. The green bottle Boss Sport was my all time favorite cologne, I miss it so much.
    Is there anything else like it nowadays?
    Also think you are spot on about the Sport label, never understood it, but I didn't care. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited